Hello folks, if you are planning and preparing for AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam then this blog post is for you. In this post I will be covering exam overview, candidate eligibility, exam blueprint, recommended path to clear this exam. On clearing this exam you will be known as AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate. This certificate is valid for 2 years. After 2 years you need to re-certify yourself.
AWS Solutions architect associate exam, verifies an individuals ability to architect, secure, highly available, cost efficient and robust application on AWS.
- Exam Registration Fee – $150
- Practice Exam Fee – $20
- Questions Type – Multiple Choice and Multiple Answer
- Exam Time – 130 Mins
- Exam Language – English, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese
- One year of hands-on experience designing highly available and scalable systems.
- Knowledge on creating cost-efficient, fault-tolerant architecture on AWS.
- Hands on using compute, networking, storage, and database layer services in AWS.
- Hands on experience doing AWS deployments and service management.
- Knowledge on AWS best practices.
- Understanding on AWS global infrastructure.
- Knowledge on security practices in AWS.
- Should be able to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.
- Should be able to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
I am recommending below path as per my past experiences and data collected from some already certified individuals. Note – I am not associated with any of the tools or platforms recommended here, I found them best and had personally used them to gain knowledge for certification and clearing the exam.
- First and Foremost step, is you should have basic understanding of all the services mentioned in the exam blueprint.
- Secondly you should go through all the FAQ’s against all the services. AWS has a very vast documentation and FAQ’s against each and every service. Just google it mentioning the FAQ’s with service name like AWS EC2 FAQ’s.
- Go through all the best practices and security whitepapers of AWS. You can find a huge list of whitepapers – https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/
- To get a better understanding on services and instructions related to exam, go through udemy course – AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate 2018
- Once you are done with above course you can go through some practice questions that will help you in identifying question patterns. For that you can refer either of these two – AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C01) Prep or AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Practice Tests
- At the very last step I suggest you to register for practice exam, that costs around $20. If you clear out practice exam, that means you can easily clear main exam as questions in practice test are really very difficult then main exam.
For exam blueprint guide, knowing more details and registering for AWS Exam you can refer – https://aws.amazon.com/certification/certified-solutions-architect-associate/